Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Seven Random Things About Me

Cynematic, a friend I’ve made courtesy of NaBloPoMo, has tagged me for a random meme tag. I’ve seen this done at other blogs I’ve visited but this is the first time I’ve been tagged (so excited! Finally, I have a blogger buddies!). Here are the rules:

  1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
  2. Share seven random or weird things about yourself.
  3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
  4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here are seven random or weird things about me that you may or may not know:

  • I am not afraid of spiders but I am afraid of cockroaches, especially the ones with wings. A childhood incident scarred me for life when a HUGE cockroach with wings landed on my head and crawled around for a few seconds. It was really, really gross! I get goosebumps right now just thinking about it.
  • I cannot walk and drink at the same time. I have to come to a full stop, drink then resume walking.
  • When I am thinking hard about something or focusing on what someone is telling me I look like I’m frowning or scowling.
  • When I was younger I could tell right from left by popping my right shoulder. My right shoulder was injured when I fell down a flight of concrete stairs and it never healed properly.
  • I inadvertently rename people whose given names don’t fit their looks and/or personality. In high school I was always calling this one guy “Sam” when his name was Andy, and at my old job I called this girl “Patricia” even though her name was Priscilla. Personally, I think my names are better.
  • I love weddings. I live vicariously through people planning weddings because I didn’t have a church ceremony or reception for mine (but I don’t regret it). If you ask me to go wedding gown shopping or cake tasting I’m your gal!
  • When I was in elementary school I was always the tallest (or second tallest) girl in my class. I didn't grow much during adolescence because I only grew to be 5’3” tall. My husband Rene thinks it's because I didn't take a lot of naps when I was younger. I am the shortest person in my family.

Sharing is caring, so will the following people please share seven random or weird things about yourselves:

  1. The Jersey Tomato
  2. Pillows and Chocolate
  3. I'd love it if YOU could tell me seven random or weird things about yourself and pass on this meme!

No comments: