Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Yard Sale

This past weekend Rene's mom had a yard sale to get rid of a few things. She was mostly selling old clothes, Vivi's old baby furniture, and odds n' ends collecting dust in the garage. Intrigued, we came over bearing items we were no longer using (and also taking up valuable space in our condo).

We should've showcased our goods earlier in the day because there was more traffic. By the time we got there it was close to 11 a.m. and beginning to get hot. I did manage to sell a pair of jeans, a bra, a laptop bag, a pair of shoes, and two sheets for a baby mattress. I made $11 - woo hoo!

I gained a lot of satisfaction from having people buy things I no longer needed, and for a $1 per item I was practically giving it away anyway. The money was an added bonus. I will definitely participate in future yard sales.

No comments: