Thursday, August 2, 2007

Lemme See Your Grillz

You wanna see my what?!

Yes friends I got my bottom grillz - aka braces - this afternoon.

About six months ago I got braces for my top row of teeth and was under the assumption that the bottom braces weren't coming on. After all, my top teeth are so big that they dwarf the bottom row when I smile. Turns out I was wrong! My orthodontist promised me great teeth, and that applies to the whole mouth. Check out the results!

I actually had braces from ages 10 to 12. My teeth were worse back then, with some facing each other and some in odd angles - it was not pretty! The braces worked wonders and I was very grateful to get them off my mouth after years of suffering. Maybe I was too grateful, to the point where I rarely wore my positioners (a plastic mold of your teeth when they are perfect that you bite into for an hour a day - yeck) and even lost them after we moved to LA in 1992. Needless to say, teeth continuously shift and late last year I made the decision to have my teeth straightened - AGAIN. I've made a promise to myself that I will wear those retainers until the end of my days.

No comments: