Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Around the World

One of the things I miss most about my old job is the amount of travel I used to do. In the past two years my work has taken me to:

US
Dulles, VA
New York, NY
Las Vegas, NV
Atlanta, GA
Charlotte, NC

Abroad
London, England
Paris, France
Hamburg, Germany
Madrid, Spain
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Rome & Florence, Italy
Copenhagen, Denmark
Prague, Czech Republic
Budapest, Hungary
Gold Coast, Sydney & Melbourne, Australia

Looking back on all these locations I am amazed at the amount of travel I have done, especially within the past year. I wasn’t assigned to all these locations; some I visited during my weekends off (this is a nice perk when traveling abroad – since they can’t fly you home, they pay for your hotel stay and food anywhere you choose to go during the weekend), and some I visited after my work stint was finished. And some I visited because of a conference, very exciting!

Now that I will not be doing extensive traveling any time soon, at least not the kind I used to do, I sometimes reminisce about those trips I’ve taken and the fun I’ve had in those cities.

I originally got the idea for this blog when I visited Italy and regaled my friends and family with my adventures (well, more like what I saw and what I ate, which was always along the line of something really old (saw) and pasta/gelato (ate)). I’ve realized, after sending everyone 11 e-mails at least 2 MB in size, that perhaps a blog would be nicer. That, and my mom nearly went blind trying to open all those pictures I’ve attached in the e-mails.

So what I’d like to do from time to time is post my experiences about a particular place that I perhaps haven’t told you about. This will be a good way for me to write down my memories of the place before I completely forget them – and also show you some pictures.

Stay tuned and prepare to hear about Budapest in my next post!

No comments: