Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Searching for the ONE

I think I have a problem.

As I was organizing my makeup case I realized that I own 11 tubes of mascara. Count ‘em:

Maybelline Full N’ Soft

Lancome L’Extreme (trial size)

Origins Full Story

Origins Fringe Benefits

Lancome Hypnose

Origins Underwear for Lashes (lash primer)

Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof

Maybelline Great Lash (curved brush)

Lancome L’Extreme Waterproof

Maybelline Sky High Curves

Lancome Definicils Waterproof

So I’m a little obsessed with mascara. For the past few months I have been looking for “the one” – one that will stay on my lashes and not form rings around my eyes, one that doesn’t clump, one that keeps the curl in my lashes. It takes a lot of time to curl my short and straight lashes, and after that’s done it’s important that they stay looking that way until I decide to take my makeup off.

Up until a few months ago I was using Lancome’s Definicils Waterproof mascara, which I thought was “the one.” I read in a magazine article that waterproof mascara helps keep the lash shape after curling and it lasts for hours. Definicils Waterproof definitely lived up to its name, but the thing I couldn’t shake was the waterproof part, and after many months of dealing with eye makeup remover at night, I decided to start my search for another mascara.

So far the best of the lot seems to be Maybelline’s Sky High Lashes and Origins’ Full Story, but I don’t think these are the winners yet. I have yet to try Dior Show mascara, and for all I know that could be the ONE.

No comments: