Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Getting It Done

One of the things that make it hard for me to appreciate my upcoming trip to China is the amount of work that needs to be done before I leave.

I have to configure my new laptop here from work to make sure that it works and that all of the files I’ll need have been saved into said laptop. I also have to make sure that the laptop is configured for the internet; otherwise I am SOL when it comes to e-mail and access to the shared drive here at work.

I have to make sure that I have completed the planning phase by the end of the week. The planning phase is a really involved process, but since I’ve never visited this location I am making a few assumptions so that planning is done – which is to say, I am grasping at straws. I’m starting to get back into it today, but it’s already 3:51 pm and I need it by Friday afternoon.

I have to start making lists of all the things I need to pack, namely books to read, travel guides, work outfits, casual outfits, accessories, toiletries, entertainment (besides the books, i.e. DVD), and most important of all, travel adapters. You’d think that I’d have mastered this part of the trip by now but it’s always a race to the finish.

The only things keeping me sane are the Hello Kitty post-its. Who isn’t cheered up by that pink bow and cute face?

On to work…

No comments: