Tuesday, October 23, 2007

All Aboard the Birthday Express

In my family, October kicks off a bunch of birthday celebrations.

During October, we celebrate the birthdays of Henry, Vivi, Sharon, Sean (and of course Chuy). In November, we follow that up with Sabrina, Sid, and me. Afterwards it's Thanksgiving and Christmas, then New Year (aka Rene's birthday). I am getting tired just thinking about it.

This month we celebrated Henry and Vivi's birthdays (twice) and had a dinner for Sharon. Sean had a bowling party with his friends last Friday.

Henry & Vivi's Birthday
We celebrated Henry and Vivi's birthday on October 18. This is the first time in four years that I have been in town during October: in 2004, Rene and I were in Australia, in 2005 I was in Australia again, and in 2006 I was in London. Needless to say, I was not around to see Vivi being born and not around to celebrate her first birthday. It's great to around to celebrate her second birthday - she is growing up so fast!




Sharon's Birthday
I was planning a nice little birthday tribute (complete with photos from our childhood) on this blog for Sharon's birthday; unfortunately, I did not think of this in advance and had to settle for e-mail instead. All of the childhood photos need to be scanned, and that is another project onto itself. I am saving the Sharon tribute for next year.

I have had to call Sharon during her birthday for the past three years and bring something home for her after my trip. This time I was on hand to celebrate her birthday at her favorite restaurant, A&W Seafood.


Happy Birthday to you all - Henry, Vivi, Sharon and Sean! May you have a great year ahead of you. I love you all!

No comments: