Friday, December 28, 2007

How I Spent My Christmas Vacation, Part 3 of 3

I always spend Christmas Day with my family. My family is quite large; between my parents, brother and sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, nephews, and nieces there are 20 of us. My family is quite close.

It’s nice having everyone get together during the holidays because it means catching up with my nearest and dearest and letting them know how much I love having them in my life. However, it does present a dilemma of sorts during Christmas Day when presents are handed out and opened. With so many people giving and receiving gifts, I find that it’s hard to do the following: present the gift, read the card, open the gift and thank the gift-giver for their present. What usually occurs is a frenzy of gifts being opened at the same time, followed by words of gratitude as the wrapping paper and boxes are being cleared. Sometimes I’d like to have everyone take turns opening their gifts – but if this actually happened I think we’d still be opening gifts three hours later. Given everyone’s plans for Christmas Day (some see a movie in the afternoon and some take a nap to unwind later in the day), I can’t think of any other way to resolve this dilemma. Maybe I’ll find the solution next year.

Here are pictures of Christmas spent with my lovely family:


Lots of presents waiting under the tree

Posing for a picture (from L to R): Dad, Vieve, Sabrina, Gigi, and Jalen

Uncle Art and Aunt Bing with Sid

Samantha and Sid

Sabrina almost buried by gifts

My lovely cousins Gigi and Sharon

Rene showing off his Christmas gifts

My sister Vieve, me, Mom, and Dad posing in front of the tree

Sabrina, Samantha, and Mom with me in the background

Got tickets to the gun show? Me and my gun (er, Play-Doh under my sweater)


You can find more pictures here.

No comments: