Tuesday, December 4, 2007

An Attempt To Eat Healthy Snacks

In an effort to snack on healthier foods, I bought organic cookies last night called Healthy Handfuls. These cookies are organic, nutritious snacks with no trans fats, no preservatives, no hydrogenated oils, no corn syrup and no GMOs (whatever those are). In theory, it sounds great - all the flavors of chocolate chip cookes and good for you - everyone's a winner.

The cookies are made out of organic whole wheat flour instead of enriched white flour. I was expecting them to taste like Famous Amos cookies but what I got instead is a cookie that tastes like bran muffins. Or a sweet piece of cardboard. After eating a handful of these, I've probably met my daily fiber requirement. They're not good at all - so why do I keep eating them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GMOs are genetically modified organisms used to make food (often to make them more pest resistant, for example). like a tomato altered with frog genes. bizarre, right?

see True Food Now for more info.

speedy, try these healthy snacks instead: Uncle Eddie's Vegan cookies. i guarantee you'll be much happier!

Anonymous said...

Stop eating healthy ! Just WORKOUT then eat whatever you want, except crap that makes your breath stink cus I wont tolorate that.