Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Old cube, new cube

Last Friday I moved from here:

To here:


You can definitely tell how exciting my life is from these two pictures - that I actually took the time to take them and post them. It was the highlight of my week.

The move itself wasn’t so bad; I had two boxes of stuff to transport and the tech guys took care of my computer and phone right away. The new location, though, is a bit perilous. I sit in the cube directly in front of my boss’s office, who is a VP. This space used to be occupied by her assistant, who now sits in front of another VP’s office (the assistant now has two VPs to service and sits sitting in front of the more demanding one). At any time of day the VP can see whatever I am doing, so surfing the internet during the day is risky. I have to make sure she is out of her office before I can open my browser. I’m even afraid that she’s going to start reading blog posts I’ve been typing up on Word so I’ve made my font smaller.

Despite all this, the new cube location isn’t terrible. The best thing about this set-up is this: everyone who brings goodies to share puts them on top of a filing cabinet in front of me. This week it’s been Cadbury chocolates, Girl Scout cookies, and snacks from Thailand. Since I sit right in front of the snacks I get first dibs. Check it out:


I’ve actually been really good and had only two chocolates last night. But that’s not to say that I won’t take all the chocolate donuts if someone brings them. I probably will.

No comments: